Have you been bramble picking this year?
So this is my very own recipe – and I must admit, I’m rather impressed with myself!
275g soft brown sugar
245g self-raising flour
195g cold butter (cut into little pieces)
65g walnut pieces
2 medium sized eggs
350g of your freshly picked brambles!
1. Heat oven to 160C (fan)/180C/Gas Mark 4).
2. Add flour, oats and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Use your fingertips to rub the butter pieces into the mixture. (Try to use only your fingertips as you want the mixture to be in little pea-sized pieces.)
4. Add the walnut pieces to the mixture and stir until evenly evenly distributed. Set 1 cup of the mixture aside.
5. Whisk the eggs and stir them into the large bowl of mixture. Spread this mixture evenly over the base of lined baking tin. (Just a standard size one, around 21cm if using a square time.)
6. Tip the blackberries over the top and then scatter over the cup of mixture you set aside.
Optional: sprinkle some caster sugar over the top prior to baking.
7. Bake for between 1 hour/1 hour 15 mins, until the top has turned golden brown.
If you give it a go, I’d love to see your pictures and know what you think of the recipe!