If you’re like me and love Subway cookies, then this is the perfect recipe for you – if you don’t, well you should be questioning your taste buds! They can also be frozen so are the perfect cookies to batch bake.
- 400g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g macadamia nuts, chopped into pieces
- 200g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 350g plain flour
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 160c fan/180c/gas mark 4.
- Melt 170g white chocolate, then set aside to cool.
- Beat in the butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla to the melted chocolate, until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, cranberries, cinnamon and 2/3 of the remaining white chocolate/macadamias.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Using a tbsp, place small mounds of dough, spaced well apart, then poke in the remaining chocolate, nuts & berries.
- Bake in batches for approx 12 minutes, until a pale golden colour. Leave to harden on baking tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If you do not wish to bake them all now, scoop cookie dough, as done earlier, then transfer to freezer and open-freeze. Once frozen, pack them into a freezer container, layer each cookie layer with baking paper. (Use within 3 months of freezing, bake from frozen for approx 15-20minutes.)
Are you looking for some more baking inspiration? Check out our Bramble & Walnut Squares Recipe!